Planar magnetic headphones
“In my case, Phobos V2021 checked many boxes and I’ve used them in most of my DAC and headphone amplifier reviews that I’ve posted in the latest months. I find them easy to drive and easy to like, as system matching isn’t an issue, as it can be the case with several high-end headphones. I challenge you finding a more interesting sounding headphone in the 2000 EUR price bracket”
Sandu Vitalie, Soundnews.net
Distinction and style with wood beauty. The Phobos headphones draw on a stylish, octagonal shape for the cups. This doesn’t just exude beauty but creates a strong design without adding weight. We carefully age the wood used to ensure your headphones are as unique as the music you listen to. These are statement pieces where design and audio unite.
Encased within these statement open cups reside exceptional quality planar magnetic drivers. The design and technology together enable a detailed, firm and dynamic sound: picking up the details in the music and allowing you to bask in the rich details of performances that you love. These headphones are ideal for music ranging from classical to jazz, where detail is everything.
With V2021 we upgraded Phobos by updating the design, adding CNC milled aluminum cup covers, and carbon fiber head band. Compared to Phobos V2018 the sound is now more controlled, firm and detailed.
Phobos V2021 will be available this autumn, but you can already reserve your pair from the first batch.
Connectors similar to other big manufacturers for easy cable upgrade
No Animal Products
Reviews of Phobos V2021
Reviews of Phobos V2018
- Video review by Terry Ellis from Pursuit Perfect System, UK (in English)
- Written and video review by Soundnews, Romania (in English)
- Review by Headphone Guru, USA (in English)
- Review by highfidelity.pl, Poland (in English)
- Review by T3 Middle East, UAE (in English)
- Review by Mono & Stereo, Slovenia (in English)
- Review by HiFi Media, Croatia (Croatian, original language) (Recommended by HiFi Media)
- Video review by The Headphone Experience, Pt. 1, USA (in English)
- Video review by The Headphone Experience, Pt. 2, USA (in English)
- Review by HiFi Philosophy, Poland (in Polish)
Matej Isak, Mono & Stereo, Slovenia