The devilish Perfidus is a powerful solid-state class-A headphone amp that will literally blow you away. Even though we tamed the beast, this powerful desktop amp still drives plenty of power and delivers a punchy flat frequency response ranging from 4 Hz-40 kHz. Handcrafted in a sophisticated aluminum chassis, this sleek looking amp works well with all headphones – even orthodynamic – and picks out an immense amount of detail in reproduction. Actually, we can confidently say the Perfidus takes music to another level. Boasting a great resolution, responsive speed and high dynamics, this boutique amplifier milks the warm tones yet has the bite to emphasize the lower midrange with clean distinction. As a result, the Perfidus produces such a rich sound, you will feel like rock bands and classical orchestras are playing live in your living room.
- Headphone impedance: 8-600 ohm
- Frequency response: 4 Hz-40 kHz, -1dB
- THD (1 kHz): 0.007 %
- IMD: 0.077 %
- Power consumption: 15 W
- Power supply input voltage: 230 V/50 Hz or 115 V/60 Hz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 110 mm x 64 mm x 285 mm
- Weight: 1480 g
- Character: Bright and quick
- 5 years warranty
- WIMA high quality pulse input capacitors
- class-a power amplifier
- highest grade audiophile op-amp
- Alps Blue Velvet volume potentiometer
- gold plated RCA connectors
- on-board 2 x 15 V/15 W stabilized power supply
- 40.000 uF power stabilization capacitors
- robust aluminum chassis
- RoHS compliant
The switch worked a treat and the amplifier turned out to be very precise and uncompromising towards bad recordings. Now you can hear the minutest details in the recording. Because it uncovers the mistakes as well, Perfidus seemed a fitting name, and was still contextually connected with the original name, Incubus.
The Perfidus was the most complicated project we have completed because, like Bacillus, we wanted to put it in as small a chassis as possible. The adjustments were painstaking, but the results are worth it – and we think you will agree.
The elongated casing sports a 7mm aluminum front panel featuring a solid aluminum volume knob, headphone jack and an LED light whilst in the rear are a pair of solid RCA connectors and the power switch. The rear aluminum panel is 2mm thick and the amp stands on sturdy rubber feet.
- Review by The Audiophile Man, UK (in English) (Groovy 8/10 award)
- Review by Hi-Fi Musik, Sweden (in Swedish)
- Review by Headphone Guru, USA (in English)
- Review by HiFi Media, Croatia (in Croatian) (Recommended by HiFi Media)
- Review by Hi-Fi Pig, UK (in English) (Highly recommended by Hi-Fi Pig)
- Review by Sound & Sight Journal, China (in Chinese)
- Review by Old & New Sound, Spain (in Spanish)
Benji Webbe (Skindred), musician
“Monitoring mixes through “The Perfidus” class-a headphone amp by Erzetich Audio sounds amazing!”
Celldweller, musician and producer