Among Headphone Amplifiers
The Deimos is our most exalted headphone amplifier and is the choice for serious audiophiles. Boasting solid resolution, high dynamics and a sultry design that demands attention, this double mono class-A amp promises a dynamic performance and an awe-inspiring experience every time you flick the switch. The Deimos delivers a controlled and balanced sound between the lows, mids and highs. The clarity of instrumentals in the foreground and background are precise and you will be surprised by how even the slightest details hidden in the mix shine through. Suitable for use with any dynamic and planar-magnetic headphones, the Deimos was built for the sole intention of truly enjoying music – and we think purists will agree, this is a premium amplifier that delivers stellar audio quality.
- Headphone impedance: 8-600 ohm
- Frequency response: 4 Hz-40 kHz, -1dB
- Power consumption: 15 W
- Power supply input voltage: 230 V/50 Hz or 115 V/60 Hz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 320 mm x 125 mm x 330 mm
- Weight: 6400 g
- Character: Natural and wide with a fast note
- dual mono class-A
- three separate power supplies (two for analog, one for digital)
- 44000 uF smoothing capacitors per channel
- digitally controlled 64-steps relay-based volume attenuator
- gain boost switch
- RCA and XLR inputs
- superior quality RCA connectors
- gold plated XLR connectors
- chassis made of steel, aluminum, wood and acrylic
- 5 year warranty
The new strategies we adopted for the development of the Deimos proved to be most important, none moreso than creating space. We wanted to have a bit more “air” inside the box for various technical reasons. The design also had to be eye-candy and make an impact to compliment what is waiting inside so we built a sleek aluminum and tinplate chassis with a front panel handcrafted from artificially aged linden wood.
The analogue core is based on the Perfidus’ design but has been given improvements, tweaks and pimps. We even added a digital volume control and linear display to give the amp a little 21st Century chic. Merging the digital and analogue elements together proved to be trickier than we anticipated, but we are happy that the results turned out exceptionally well in the end. And what can be more evil than Perfidus? Deimos, of course.
Matej Isak, Mono & Stereo, Slovenia